All iPads Best time to buy?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacAttackMark, Oct 11, 2013.

1. MacAttackMark macrumors member

So I just recently heard that an ipad 5 is coming out. I'm assuming a lot of people will be selling their older models to upgrade.

I'm planning on purchasing an older ipad model preferably either the 3rd or 4th for retina display (leaning towards the 3rd due to price). This will be gift for someone (by the way, the person isn't very techie). So I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to buy one now or wait till the 5th generation comes out?

And not sure if it's allowed, but could anyone recommend me a good place to buy one at a good price?

Much appreciation, in advance! :)

2. OSMac macrumors 65816

On the day the new ones go for sale, buy a refurbished 4 from the online apple store. Will be a great price and brand new.

3. Epiphron macrumors regular

Buy one when the 5 comes out. Although prices have been dropping steadily now with anticipation for the 5. Just sold my 4 for $440 yesterday with a keyboard

4. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

It won't drop in price immediately after the 5 comes out, so the OP might have to wait a while.

5. MacAttackMark thread starter macrumors member

Any particular reason why I should bump and go for the 4th rather than the 3rd? Is there a huge difference in performance?

And thanks everyone so far for the advice!

6. OSMac macrumors 65816

Didn't have to wait last time.

The refurbished 4's should go on sale the day the 5 is announced.

The iPad 4 was announced at a media event on October 23rd.
    That same day Apple Canada's online refurbished store began selling the 3 for $140 off. Full warranty from Apple, item as new in a white box.

7. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

The 4 has a better processor and graphics, IIRC. They are very similar in weight, size and feel. Noting wrong with a 3 but if you can hold out just a little longer you'd be able to get a 4 for not much more money and that's the way I'd go. If you can't wait, nothing wrong with a 3. They'll enjoy their gift.:)

8. theremix macrumors newbie

1st post on this site:

I just sold my iPad 16 GB wifi 7 months old with a Bluetooth Keyboard that I got for free from Living Social for $430. I think lot of people don't know that a new ipad is coming out,so the prices are higher right now. You should wait until after the 5 is released, you should be able to get one around 350. Apple products don't hold their prices as good as they used to.

9. MacAttackMark thread starter macrumors member

oh wow didn't know the price would drop that much on the 4th gen.
    I might end up buying one of those rather than a 3rd if the price drops that drastically!

Thanks for tip!