Best time to check in-store pick up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jmarziano, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Jmarziano macrumors member

I'm looking to purchase a gold att 5s in 16gb or 32gb and do not really feel like waiting to order one online now and have to wait till November. When is the best time to check the in store pickup option for availability? Early morning or at night after most stores close?

2. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Never. I checked all day and in 5 days there were 7 times when a phone in gold in ANY size showed up. Every single one of the 7 times I couldn't complete the order (takes 30 seconds to complete) in time. They were all sold out by the time I click purchase. The chance of you scoring your phone is worse than winning the powerball.

I ended up buying one from a member on here :)

3. sleepyking macrumors 6502

11am - 11:15am PST
    3pm - 3:15pm PST

I've almost always see the stock turn green during these two windows during the weekdays.

Just be quick about it when checking out.

4. DontSayIt macrumors newbie

2pm East. Be ready to refresh your screen multiple times every minute for the next 15-20 minutes.

Use the Apple website. You should already have the phone in the cart before even checking whether they are available. Be on the checkout screen. Keep refreshing the Store availability until you see 'Available Today' and pounce.

If you want to get one if one becomes available, that is how.

5. Jmarziano thread starter macrumors member

Thank you guys for the info. I'm in the Philly area and all of the apple stores in Philly/jersey and even New York constantly say unavailable for pickup every time I go to check.

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Whoa I thought stores updated inventory after 10pm?

7. bwsteg macrumors 6502

This is the best way to grab an iphone via the pick up option

1. Use this page (using chrome or a browser with auto refresh)http://iphone-check.herokuapp.com/?zip=11373&color=gold&provider=sprint

2. At 2pm EST (most likely 2:10pm inventory will show up), set the autofresh to 1 second with the options of your desired phone already plugged in. This way, its already refreshing every 1 second without you having to do anything.

3. Now open up a different browser and go into the apple iphone 5s section and have your options picked.

4. Make sure to have view of each browser on your screen, resize the screens

5. When 2pm hits, whenever you see the option you want turn green - quickly add it to cart using the other browser that is already set up.

Hope this makes sense.. Also when your checking out, make sure to click the pick up in store option towards the end of checkout..

I hope this makes sense

8. xlost6 macrumors 6502

I am to man. I can't find anything. I checked Best Buy inventory and some say "In Store" but if you call or go in they say they are sold out. The same with the Apple Store near me at Christiana Mall.

9. Jmarziano thread starter macrumors member

I'm gonna try at 2:00 pm. But why 2:00 pm. Is that when Apple stores get daily shipments? I'm just trying to get this gold 5s and it's becoming a hassle lol

10. xlost6 macrumors 6502

I'm guessing that's when they do the actual update of their store inventories. It use to be 10PM at night. But it's different with the 5S this year.

11. Jmarziano thread starter macrumors member

Oh alright. Keep me updated if you find a gold one in our area. Hopefully they start coming up soon.

12. juliebeannn macrumors member

juliebeannn

At 2:15ish, I saw the status go to "Available Today" for most NYC stores (Verizon 32GB Gray), then while trying to check out, they were all "Unavailable" again. These things are selling QUICK! I have my alarm set for 2pm tomorrow afternoon.

13. mbhforum macrumors 6502

People have caught on. Basically right now there is 2 ways to get a 5s in stores. Buying online at 2pm with store pick up (the new site that scrapes the data makes it easy to lookup, but now hard to grab one since everyone is using it) or wait in line before your Apple Store opens and they will hand out tickets. About a week ago, I was able to grab a 64GB Gold at like 7:30pm at night. This should show you how much has changed in a week :)

14. juliebeannn macrumors member

juliebeannn

My husband waited on a line of maybe 10 people the morning they were released and got one that day. A friend walked into the 5th ave (NYC) store last Friday and walked out with one that night.

Crazy how stock has gotten so limited this week!