iPad Best time to pick-up?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by T4R06, Nov 1, 2013.

1. T4R06 macrumors 65816

What time are you guys picking up? Obviously I received my pickup status at 5:45am after ordering at 3am EST.

2. Delorean2006 macrumors 6502a

My local best buy is opening at 8 and that's where I am right now ## I'm so excited to dump my 3rd gen launch iPad, it's become such a slug now

3. bmat macrumors 6502

Sort of wondering the same thing. Sure it may vary by location, but now it seems my stores still have every model available for pick up today. So it seems hard to see why personal pick up would be so much faster and not clogged as well.

4. chrise2 macrumors 6502

I did in store pickup at the Grand Central NYC Apple Store. I figure I'll either be fine, or totally screwed. I won't get there until 7:45am. My hope is that everyone is waiting for the retina mini and I'll just walk in like I own the place, get my iPad and walk out.

5. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

If you have the confirmation, NoW! Theyve already set it aside for you.

6. T4R06 thread starter macrumors 65816

The reason I asked here in Connecticut people are so enthusiast.. I remember there is always 2 lines. For pickup and the other for those who are taking chances

----------

I don't wanna go there to fall in line lol

iPad air looks like a breaking record compare to ipad 4 or previous gens

7. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Preorders get ahead. Im telling you from experience.

8. chrise2 macrumors 6502

I went. Pre-orders skip the line outside the Apple store. Still about a half hour line inside the store. This is the Grand Central store in NYC. I got it. Its sweet!

9. hummer28 macrumors member

I ordered at 3:00 a.m CST and received an email for order pickup at 8:00 a.m. I was in and out in 10 minutes. I say now is the best time. My local Apple Store (Knox Street) Dallas was more than prepared.

10. bmat macrumors 6502

I went around 10 AM. No line for either personal pick up or walk in. Pick up took maybe 25 minutes, as they had people running back and forth to get stock. Some people were irritated, which made no sense to me. Having waited in line for half a day for the iPad 3, this was awesome.

11. MN7119 macrumors regular

Stopped at my local Apple Store around 8:10AM with the email confirmation that my order was ready for pick up. There were probably 8 people in line for store purchase and I was the only one with an online pick up. Got in and out of the store in 5 minutes. They had plenty inventory.

12. T4R06 thread starter macrumors 65816

got mine this afternoon. no line on both but hell the apple store is jam-packed! good job on apple. also, since i bought the leather brown case. i asked the guy if he can replaced my iPhone black leather case to brown as well and he smile YES. the case is like over a month :)

13. shadow puppet macrumors 6502

shadow puppet

I hit my local Apple store around 12noon for my online pick-up. Was in and out even with time taken getting my Air set up since this is my first one. The gal helping me said it would get clogged later in the day which makes sense with people getting off work. Glad I went when I did. Not too early & got some sleep after getting to bed around 1:30am.