Best tip I've read yet for using the iPhone camera

St. Germain

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 19, 2006
Cool tip about using the iPhone camera.....press down the shutter button and keep holding it down until you have the shot lined up exactly how you want it. Then release the button and it will take the photo immediately. This method seems to make photos sharper because your hand, and therefore the camera, will be much more steady.

The camera will obviously never be great for stopping action and won't be replacing your DSLR anytime soon, but that method does a decent job.

If this has been posted already, my apologies, but just read about it today on my RSS reader.

Credit for the tip goes to:
http://www.iphonematters.com/article/iphone_tip_utilizing_the_camera_891/#When:12:00:00Z

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
Cool tip about using the iPhone camera.....press down the shutter button and keep holding it down until you have the shot lined up exactly how you want it. Then release the button and it will take the photo immediately. This method seems to make photos sharper because your hand, and therefore the camera, will be much more steady.

The camera will obviously never be great for stopping action and won't be replacing your DSLR anytime soon, but that method does a decent job.

If this has been posted already, my apologies, but just read about it today on my RSS reader.

http://www.iphonematters.com/article/iphone_tip_utilizing_the_camera_891/#When:12:00:00Z
I've been doing this for 2 years lol I remember when they added the volume button as the shutter and I was like :rolleyes:

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
This method does not work with the physical button (volume button). It only works with the on screen virtual button. That's why I never use the volume button.

Ouch, talk about an old mixed up thread!!!!!! Why bring this up?????? :confused:

clunkmess

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2011
California

great tip, thanks!

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Why iPad! Without a thought you may carry the iPad mini and can easily grip in your honour at just 7.2mm
1. This thread is from 2007. The OP was a tip for the original iPhone.

2. Your post is completely random, even allowing for the fact that it's your first.

3. Why NOT iPad? :rolleyes:

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
This method does not work with the physical button (volume button). It only works with the on screen virtual button. That's why I never use the volume button.

Ouch, talk about an old mixed up thread!!!!!! Why bring this up?????? :confused:
ahh that stinks. I mostly use the volume button =/

Smartass

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2012
i always try to use the shutter button, the volume buttons seems too "hard" to press and it always causes me to "shake" the phone when i press it...

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Poster using an auto-translate program? Translators produce awkward, stilted text when going to English; probably when translating English into anything else, too. ;)

Post is still in the wrong place (in an incredibly OLD thread) for whatever it is.

----------

There's another one that popped up today over here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16985791#post16985791

I'm not going to pretend to know how busy the mods are here, so I'm guessing they just watching it a little further to determine if it's a legit user.
That thread has 3 posts from 2007, nothing newer. I guess the decision was made. ;)

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Holy crapsnitch!!:eek:

I know this I from 2007 but I've been using the iPhone since the 3G and never knew this. :eek:

Works nicely on the iPhone 5 :D

Must remember to use this from now on :cool: