Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Philsy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2004
South coast of England
Hi, has anyone tried the various to do apps? It's a shame none will sync with Mail and iCal.

I'm looking for one that does sync with an OSX app of some sort. Omnifocus is one option but it's expensive and I'm not into the whole GTD thing.

Any suggestions?

Phil

pb30

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007
I'm wondering the same thing. I've been debating between Things and OmniFocus. All the todo apps seem to be missing one important feature to me, repeating tasks. I've heard the Things app price will be going up, which makes me want to buy it now.

Decrepit

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2007
Foothills to the Rocky Mountains
I'm not paying for one until some bright individual or group writes and releases an app that syncs with iCal/Mail.

Somebody thought it was a great idea to release a game where you throw a cow. That made it on launch day. And they charge for it. And people paid for it.

But a basic functionality of the software that Macs have had for years? Nope. Can't extend that ability to a phone within a year.

Tremendous.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I really like the ToDo by Appigo. The only thing holding me back is the lack of repeating tasks. I have some tasks that repeat weekly, monthly, & quarterly. I hate having to enter each one separately. This really bugs me with Tasks in iCal as well.

Philsy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2004
South coast of England
I agree with all that. Repeating tasks would be good. I do like the way iCal tasks are linked to calendars, it suits the way I work far better than over-complex GTD systems, which seem to be all the rage.

I wonder if it's actually possible for a third party to be able to link with iCal. Begs the question why Apple didn't provide it as part of 2.0.

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
Does anyone know if any of the current todo apps put an application badge on the icon with how many tasks you have? That's what's holding me back from most of these. I like having that.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Does anyone know if any of the current todo apps put an application badge on the icon with how many tasks you have? That's what's holding me back from most of these. I like having that.

I don't think that any of them currently offered do this. Its a great idea.

pb30

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007

Omnifocus shows a badge when you have overdue tasks.

noisebleed

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Get SplashShoppers, it has sync with desktop

allows groceries, movies, emergencys, bills, music... everything... and you can make your own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.