Best toolkit/driver/bit set

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by davidb8, Jul 9, 2014.

1. davidb8 macrumors regular

Im looking for a decent screwdriver set for working on MacBooks, iPhones other laptops and devices. So looking for some thing with all the pentalobe sizes and more or less every bit/driver and tool I'm going to need.

If already looked at this ifixit kit, but some of the reviews are saying they are poor quality and that it doesn't have the right size pentalobe for some devices.

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Tools/Pro-Tech-Toolkit/IF145-072

Does anyone know of a top quality kit? Even just a good quality pentalobe kit for now. I don't Mind paying a little extra for very good quality.

2. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

3. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

I own the pro tech toolkit myself and have been very happy with it. I also have the Olympia Tools 88-670 iWork kit I got off Amazon for under $20. I've used it far more because it has exactly what I need in a smaller package. But I use the iFixit kit for it's tweezers, other bits, and spudgers. Also has a much better suction cup.

I'd go for it if you want something already assembled that has most everything.
    The OWC kits are good too. I got the 14 pice with an iMac HDD sensor I ordered.

4. Crazy Badger macrumors 65816

Crazy Badger

I've got the driver set from the iFixit link above and think its great. Didn't see the point of all the other stuff though. I did buy one of their magnetic mats (vital to avoid loosing the tiny screws in iPhones) and a couple of spudgers instead#