Best tools for iPhone and iPad repair?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tekboi, Jan 27, 2014.

1. tekboi macrumors 6502a

tekboi

I'm looking into buying repair kits for iPhones and iPads. There is a lot of information out there. It's almost overwhelming. So i'm just looking for a little guidance in regards to what to purchase, where to purchase, how much to purchase etc...

I just want to be able to replace the phone screens for now since that is of course the most common issues with iDevices. And since I live in a college town, there are tons of goofy kids dropping and cracking their screens.

What recommendations do you guys have? sorry if this is not the appropriate section.

2. john500y2k macrumors member

Not purchased myself but ifixit tools come highly recommended and look very good quality.

http://www.ifixit.com/

They have a very good range depending on what you are after and I do quite like their toolkits.

3. DonnyXMX, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014

DonnyXMX macrumors member

DonnyXMX

I have the ifixit pro tool kit ($64.95) and it's awesome. High quality tools and everything you need to replace any phone screens.

4. Partridge macrumors 6502

If you really want the best, get a set of Wiha drivers. They recently came out with the pentalobe bits.

The ifixit set is a decent budget value, but the smaller bits can be a bit soft and will deform/round out if you're not careful. They're still leagues better than cheap hardware store or eBay crap though.