Best trade-in promotions now?

nottooshabby

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
I was just in the AT&T store. They have lowered the iPhone 4 to $100 trade-in. iPhone 5 is still $200. Anybody know what apple is giving now? Is there anything better?

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Verizon extended their promo through 10/15. Up to $200 for an iPhone 4. New models you can get more obviously.

What are the details of the Apple promotion? I tried to take an old iPhone 4 into Verizon yesterday and they initially wouldn't accept it because the glass on the back was broken. Had to spend $25 at a repair shop across the street to repair the back and then bring it back to Verizon to get the full $200. Still a good deal for an 8gb iPhone 4, even if the net came down to $175. Does Apple care about condition?

cymolia

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2012
Orange County, FL
Verizon extended their promo through 10/15. Up to $200 for an iPhone 4. New models you can get more obviously.

What are the details of the Apple promotion? I tried to take an old iPhone 4 into Verizon yesterday and they initially wouldn't accept it because the glass on the back was broken. Had to spend $25 at a repair shop across the street to repair the back and then bring it back to Verizon to get the full $200. Still a good deal for an 8gb iPhone 4, even if the net came down to $175. Does Apple care about condition?
this is the company apple goes thru, see what comes up for your phone

https://reuserecycle.abbti.brightstarcorp.com/iPhoneHome.aspx

HappyDude20

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
A verizon store worker folder me the promotion ended yesterday.

Guessing this isn't true and I should try a different store? I'm planning on having to go the full retail price only to keep my unlimited data.

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012

Guessing this isn't true and I should try a different store? I'm planning on having to go the full retail price only to keep my unlimited data.
it's been extended until the 13th or 15th. i also encountered verizon store employees who were not aware. tell them to look it up on their own website.

nottooshabby

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Just got $225 from best buy for an iPhone 5 32GB in OK shape, without cables and charger. The camera has the grey spot issue, so I wouldn't have wanted to sell it to somebody on craigslist, and I couldn't unlock it from AT&T for another 10 days. BB had a iphone 6 64GB grey in stock. Cost me $75 out the door. Nice!

reverberlayed

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2014

I traded my iPhone 5 yesterday. He said it was extended til the 15th.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.