Best Transparent Scratch Protector for iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by deanshu, Apr 6, 2009.

1. deanshu macrumors member

Discuss.

Mainly I want protection for the back, since it's shiny chrome; for now, I'm using saran wrap since I want to play with it, and it'll stay there until I get the protectors. However, that being said, I'll be more than willing to use a front protector as well if it has the same sort of finish as the gorgeous glass display, and won't affecting my viewing pleasure.

Thanks for any input.

2. deanshu thread starter macrumors member

In case people aren't sure what I'm talking about, I mean things like InvisibleShield, Powersupport, etc.

3. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I think bestskinsever.com is pretty good. I had it on my 1st gen iPod touch a long time ago and it was great.

4. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

a front protector won't stay as shiny and as pretty as the glass, but it can save that pretty glass from getting scratched. It can be replaced, but the glass can't (or at least not without costing a fortune).
    As with sex, protection is your best bet :D

5. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

I had the invisible shield screen protector on my touch for a couple of months but I took it off for 2 reasons.

1) it didn't fit well... it left a pretty large "gap" around the edges which caught a lot of lint. The gap at the top was over 1/8" and looked like crap.. the gap on the sides wasn't as large, but it did create a space between the screen protector and the case that was always full of lint.

2) I also didn't like the look of the screen with this protector was on. I didn't have any bubbles or anything, but the screen did not look smooth when viewed from an angle. I'm not sure how to explain it really... you couldn't tell when the screen was on, but when it was off it looked like it had a texture to it.

Now I've switched back to one of those cheap static cling protectors which I think looks a lot better and protects the ipod just as well. A heck of a lot easier to put on too. The one good things I'll say about the invisible shield is that it didn't show fingerprints.

6. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

I've got an Invisible Shield on my 1st gen touch and would not hesitate to recommend it.

7. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

That sounds like you had an anti-glare screen protector. It's supposed to look like that.

8. deanshu thread starter macrumors member

As of now, if I'm getting front protection, I'd probably go with Powersupport's Crystal, since it's static cling so I don't have to mess with applicator solution and whatnot, plus it's actually texture free unlike Invisbleshield's "orange peel" texture (whew, what a run on sentence).

Now I'm trying to figure out if that product comes with something for the back side. Can anyone shed some light on it?

9. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Invisishield for the back, Power Support Crystal for the front if you want to go case free and just use films....

I used both and that would be the best, slimmest combination.

Personally, I like the Macally Metro case or Power Support Air Jacket for the back combined with the Power Support Crystal Film.

10. Sasuke-chan macrumors member

i have used invisibleshield and iwrap before.

despite being much less known, iwrap provides much better protection especially at the corners.

http://www.getiwrap.com

11. jakdillard macrumors newbie

I got Full Body skin for my Touch 2G from www.Gadgetshieldz.com only for 6.99 bucks with free shipping..Lovin it.. lotttt cheaper than InvisibleShield

But IMHO the screen doesn't need a protector at all since its mighty scratch-proof already..Although you can get it if you need to protect the back.

12. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

I vote for best skins ever they are the best.