Best TVs for internet access and use with Mac products

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mpetropo, Apr 16, 2010.

1. mpetropo macrumors newbie

I have all apple products: macbook, ipod, iphone, and plan to buy the ipad. I need a new TV and want to be sure I purchase one that has internet access and works best with the Mac. Maximum size would be 40-45 inch. I appreciate any suggestions.

2. Kingcodez macrumors 6502

Kingcodez

Buy a Viz their good TVs, I've had my 32" forever. You just need something with HDMI and maby a mini display port (or whatever your mac uses).

3. H00513R macrumors 6502a

H00513R

I only go with Sony. I've always been a fan. I have a 52" LCD 240 MHz currently and love it.

4. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

Wait -- you want a TV with net access?

What does that have to do with what macs you have?

5. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Mac Products = Cosmetics
    Apple Products = Macs

LUL

6. mpetropo thread starter macrumors newbie

What I am looking for is the ability to access the internet using a TV (and my Mac), Possible now? Is there a TV that has all the latest technology?

Obviously, I am not a techie:D:D:D

7. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

You mean...you want to use your TV as a computer monitor?

Easy, just get an adapter for your mac to DVI, HDMI or whatever your TV has.

8. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

I have a 42" LG. It works great when I connect my MBP using mini display port to hdmi.

It looks good. I have a bluetooth mouse and keyboard and its easy to use internet without sitting so close to the tv.

9. Kingcodez macrumors 6502

Kingcodez

IIRC Vizio a few years back made a TV with like twitter access, and youtube, all that good stuff. Not real web browsing, but the ability to click a weather button and get the current forecast in a little popup box. If I were you I'd go to like bestbuy.com and just read around there fin da model and check the reviews. This might not be the best site to get info on that.

You could also just get a cheap TV and hook a used Apple TV to it. That plays youtube and Hulu and stuff like that.