Best twitter app for android?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by The Game 161, Aug 8, 2013.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

currently use the offical twitter app but are there better ones? currently on the offical app it won't allow me to follow new people..so are there better options to use that also send notifications to your phone like the offical one does?

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Plume ....

But why wont it allow you to follow new people? Weird....

3. JackieInCo macrumors 601

4. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

don't know..Is there a limit of how many you can follow? tried tweetcaster and it's the same says an error comes up when trying to follow new users.

5. daveathall macrumors 68000

daveathall

6. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Another Falcon pro user here but I went back to the official app because it's the only one with push notifications I think.

7. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Sounds like a problem with your account then since it's happening no matter what app you try.

8. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

seems there is a limit of 2,000 people you can follow. had to unfollow a bunch.

9. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

I use the official app. I can tweet, reply, and get notifications. Good enough for me.

10. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

My go-to Twitter app is Falcon Pro, because I love the way it previews images inline and it has lots of options for changing the user interface to fit your needs. But I do keep the official Twitter client on my phone, and actually use it for notifications, because it's more efficient at handling them and because you can do more through it (such as turning on/off notifications in individual accounts).

I just wish Twitter wasn't such a b#%&$ about 3rd-party apps. That 100,000 token limit crap is ridiculous. What they don't seem to get is there's a reason people use 3rd party Twitter apps rather than the official one...because they're better...because they do things in ways that are more efficient than the official app (such as the inline picture previews). And finally, why Twitter doesn't realize this and implement some of those functions into their own app, I'll never know.

11. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

I use Falcon Pro. I don't really use it to chat/post but read tweets. I like the customizations

12. Stuntman06 macrumors 6502a

Stuntman06

I use Seesmic because it allows me to put a shortcut to a list on my home screen. I can view my list with a single tap from my home screen. The regular Twitter app cannot do this and I have to do too many taps to view tweets from my list.

13. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Not really into notifications with twitter, so I use Falcon Widget. Not to be confused with Falcon Pro, although same developer. It actually better than an actual app for my usage and all it takes is going to one of my home screens to view, tweet or reply. Also love the transparent option.

14. AppleCruncher macrumors regular

Holy crap.:eek:

15. Mochi Hana macrumors 6502a

Mochi Hana

I mainly use Tweetings but I have Falcon Pro too.

16. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Ive been using Tweetcastor for three years and dont get that error. I dont follow a big number of people though. Im only following about 50 or so.

I also like Plume.

I dont do many tweets. I mainly use it to get info fast.

17. Lara F macrumors 6502a

If you don't care about TweetMarker, Carbon would have to be my top pick. Beautiful UI (though I wish there was a light theme option) and buttery smooth. Also one of the few Android apps to display mentions under other user profiles.

Since I do, I go between it and Falcon Pro. I've never found the scrolling on Plume to be smooth enough for it to be enjoyable.

Honorable mention to Robird for loading blazing fast in comparison to Falcon (my one major annoyance), unfortunately some critical stuff like conversations is still missing. :( But it could possibly leapfrog with a major update and the promised tablet UI. And hopefully an icon change. :p

18. torana355 macrumors 68020

Falcon Pro here, the inline image previews and smooth scrolling make it the best Twitter app ive used.

19. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

The official Twitter app is the best. No questions asked.

20. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Your opinion. I never use the official app because others imo are better. It's not even in my top four.

21. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj