Best Twitter App (iPhone 4 & iOS 4 Support)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jasonnorm, Jul 13, 2010.

1. jasonnorm macrumors regular

jasonnorm

Hey Folks

I am looking for recommendations for the best twitter client(s) that provide the following features:

1) iPhone 4 Resolution Support
    2) iOS 4 Fast-App switching Support
    3) Facebook integration
    4) Twitter "trends" (not simply via hash-tag searching)

Thanks!!

2. steeez macrumors member

Check out Twitter for iPhone. Supports all your wanted features, although I'm not sure what you want with Facebook integration. It's also been updated for the retina display. Take a look, you can even get it for free. I paid for it when it was known as Tweetie :mad:

3. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

TwitBird pro is my favorite. I has all of these features. It'll cost you though. I was lucky enough to get it when they had it for free :)

Edit: I'm still on a 3GS and I just noticed they haven't yet updated to OS4 yet..

4. Manning macrumors member

I liked Twitter but the fetching of new tweets was really slow over 3G, but all other apps did it much quicker.

I'm using Osfoora now. Its similar but seems to be working better. Its free, definitely check it out.

5. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I love TwitBird but they haven't yet updated for 4.0.

6. Fedorov macrumors 6502

Tried nearly all of them on each new version as well. I'd put SimplyTweet up near the top of the list, features, push notifications and excellent support from the dev.

But you MUST try Icebird for the most beautiful user interface. It's clean and fast and also supports iOS4 fast app switching and background sending, great developer also.
    Next update will be retina icons so it will somehow look even better than it already is!!!

7. nate1220 macrumors member

osfoora ftw. they have like hidden features its pretty neat and the layout is plain simple and easy to navigate

8. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

I would say the official Twitter app is perfect aside from the lack of push notifications.

9. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

I recommend Simplytweet 3.0. Has everything you mentioned and has push notification.

10. Razeus macrumors 603

I just use the free Twitter app. Handles all my accounts easily. Ease to use. Lord knows I don't need push notfications for the bagallion tweets that I receive.