Best UK road map?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by hikeNM, Mar 26, 2009.

1. hikeNM macrumors 6502a

My wife and I are taking a trip to the UK and I'm wondering what the best road map for the UK is? Coming from the US, I really like the really in-depth maps like Delorme's or the Benchmark series that show all public roads, not just big highways? Does anything like this exist for the UK?

Thanks

2. Keniff macrumors 6502a

Keniff

Hello hikeMN,

Apart from SatNav, here're a view industry standard road atlas' that most taxi drivers and truckers use in the UK, 3 links below:

A to Z
    Collins
    AA

These can all be purchased in different sizes, and you can even get more detailed editions for some areas/towns/cities.

And if you're looking for anything in particular that you'd like to see while you're in the country, please feel free to reply, and I'm sure some of us UK bods will point you in the right direction...

I hope this helps, and have a wonderful road trip around the country?

3. hikeNM thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks bunches! We're just coming to see the standard sights(e.g. Stonehenge, Stratford Upon Avon,.....) Any advice is greatly appreciated!

4. Keniff macrumors 6502a

Keniff

No problem at all, but before I can personally suggest some places, can you hit back with what time of the year/month you're planning this trip?

Thanks...

(The only reason I ask, is there're so many seasonal things that go on in the UK, like special events, music and non music festivals that are worth checking out, and Stonehenge is a special place to be for the date of summer solstice, as you can't get up too close to the stones, except on this day for example)