Best unlimited data plan for short term traveler.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Enmanuel, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Enmanuel macrumors regular

Enmanuel

Hi everyone. I'm looking to figure out what's the best option for a trip I have to make to the US soon. I'll be in Las Vegas for about a week for business and need to stayconected. Are there any prepaid unlimited data plans that I could just get quickly and on the go to hold me off for the few days I'll be there? mostly Skype calls, social media, mail and dropbox use.

Thanks in advance.

FYI: I'm using a factory unlocked 5S so I assume no problems there, just a matter of finding the right short term data plan.

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

T-Mobile prepaid $60 for unlimited talk/text and 2.5GB of 4G/LTE (throttled after that)

Or $70 for totally unlimited data.

You can just walk into one of the stores and purchase the plan and sim card.

Works great in Vegas too. I was just there on vacation a few weeks ago.

Attached Files:

3. Enmanuel thread starter macrumors regular

Enmanuel

4. 617aircav Suspended

$60 is kind of high for a week. You could get the tmobile $30 plan.

5. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I think the T Mobile plan for $70 is the best deal had it seems to have a fast LTE speed.
    Off topic but are you going to CES 2014?

6. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I'll second the T-Mobile $30 prepaid plan. Comes with 100 minutes, unlimited text and 5GB of 4G/LTE before being throttled.

7. Enmanuel thread starter macrumors regular

Enmanuel

You guys think I´ll go through 5GB in a week between skype calling home a few times a day and email and cloud services? 60 did seem a bit high but if it´s the only option I´m willing to pay it. 30 seems much more reasonable though. I have no idea about my weekly data consumption since I´m on an unlimited data plan now and haven bothered checking how much I use. A bit lazy on my part but thats the way it is.

----------

Nop, I´m going to either WOC (World of Concrete) or IBS (International Builders Show) not sure which one yet. still deciding.