Best unlocking method?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ac-mac, Nov 3, 2007.

1. ac-mac macrumors member

What is the best way to activate/jailbreak/unlock the iphone with 1.1.1 firmware. I have read the changing the baseband is bad but don't know of any other methods. I can understand how to do the tutorials but some of the jargon is quite confusing. can anyone help?

2. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

First of all, did you unlock your 1.0.2 phone? or just installed 3rd party apps?

3. zep&mac92 macrumors newbie

1 click

Try jailbreakme.com. I did it and it works great. It's a one click solution that will install installer.app for you and it patches the .tiff exploit in Safari, which it ironically used to install the software. If you run into any problems (which I haven't heard of any) restoring your phone will fix everything.

4. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

I agree, ran it today and was impressed at how simple it is compared to the old methods one had to use for 1.0.2.

5. showtime macrumors 6502

What about for a 1.02 iphone already unlocked with anysim?

6. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

You need to "virginize" the phone (which repairs the damage done by anySIM 1.0.2) as described in this guide.

After doing that, follow the jailbreakme.com process, and install anySIM to unlock. This guide for that

7. slabwax macrumors member