Best upgrade before OS X Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by AT0MAC, Jun 4, 2011.

1. AT0MAC macrumors regular

AT0MAC

Im thinking about buying new peripherals/upgrades to my computer before OS X Lion arrives, but what would be the best choice?

Is it the Magic TrackPad or would 8GB of RAM be more useful in the new OS - or anything else I haven't thought about??

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Magic Trackpad is a dream in my opinion to have anytime :). But given a choice between the two - I'd definitely do the RAM for the new OS. Multitasking would go much smoother. No need to buy from Apple - do Newegg and save a bit.

3. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

4. QuantumLo0p macrumors 6502a

QuantumLo0p

For me...

RAM > SSD > Momentus XT HDD > Trackpad

I have 8GB of RAM and a Momentus XT. It is enough to keep all four of our Mini users cached; everything stays nice and snappy.
    :)

5. QuantumLo0p macrumors 6502a

QuantumLo0p

I've just been watching some vids on using the trackpad and I think it is pretty sweet. I didn't see much in-app navigation though. We use iPhoto a lot and it would be nice to navigate events and individual photos using gestures. I hope it can do that.

As for ram, IMO you need to have enough for your system to run to your satisfaction so I would install plenty of it then worry about a trackpad.