Best US Carrier travelling abroad

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleTecFan, Oct 1, 2014.

1. AppleTecFan, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014

AppleTecFan macrumors 6502

AppleTecFan

I am planning to come down to the US for three days and I want to pick up a sim from any US Carrier. Would you guys have any insite for the best options for carriers and plans? Also I am 18, not sure if that would impair anything from picking up a sim.

2. 617aircav Suspended

For three days be prepared to spend at least $40. ATT will be your best bet.

3. AppleTecFan thread starter macrumors 6502

AppleTecFan

Will they be any age problems?

4. bozzykid macrumors 68020

No, you will doing prepaid so no credit check will be required. For getting a SIM, you really only have two choices when it comes to network coverage: AT&T (their GoPhone service) or T-Mobile. There are plenty of MNVOs that use AT&T or T-Mobile as well. But any that uses AT&T will give you better coverage. If you don't want to go into a carrier store, you can get a Straight Talk sim at Wal-mart.

5. AppleTecFan thread starter macrumors 6502

AppleTecFan

I've decided to go with T-Mobile
    [​IMG]
    the $3 a day sounds good. Quick question (I am calling tmobile tomorrow, but could save me a call) Does the data usage renew everyday? So I get 200mb of 4g data everyday?

6. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Looks like a good deal.

7. roguebear macrumors newbie

According to T-Mo its 200MB per day: http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/pay-by-the-day-cell-phone-plans

Sounds like a great deal to me.