Best usb Flash drive for use with mac and pc

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sk8r1230, Aug 10, 2010.

1. sk8r1230 macrumors 6502

sk8r1230

hey guys im in need of a good fast usb flash drive for use in both a pc and mac. large files will be uploaded and downloaded off of the drive so i need something that can do this quickly. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

Just about any flash drive should work. This thread has some good info about flash drives for use with a mac and windows computer.

3. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

4. aaagat111 macrumors regular

aaagat111

Lacie makes great products! All my external drives are from them.

I also recommend any flash drive from Sandisk. I have two cruzers and they have held up for years now, no problems what so ever. The kind I have are metal, so they can withstand being throw on a keychain and actually have some weight to them (which I like)

Here is a link to the model I have which is the one I recommend for you (since it works just fine for PC and Mac - although all flash drives will be cross compatible, unless you go out of your way to format them otherwise - NTFS or Mac OS Extended are not cross compatible)

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Titanium-Flash-Drive/dp/B000PA4TA2

5. Xavier macrumors 68020

I vote for the SanDisk Cruzer. As long as the flash drive is formatted correctly, does it matter what you use between Mac and PC?

6. sk8r1230 thread starter macrumors 6502

sk8r1230