Best USB Headset for Mac and PC?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by microcolt, Jun 24, 2010.

1. microcolt macrumors regular

Currently I'm using the Razer Megalodon gaming headset for just about everything. I like speakers but most times I want everything to be around my ears.

I'm always looking for the next best thing, and in this case it's a headset that does/has the following:

- Connects through USB
    - Goes OVER ears
    - Has a microphone

Don't get me wrong, the Razor Megalodon is great but I want to know if theres something with better sound quality.

Oh and price is not a factor... just don't advise me to buy something diamond studded. :D

Thanks in advance!

2. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

I like a lot of the Razer products and the Megalodon is an awesome head set, aside from that you could possibly take a look at something from the Sennheiser range, they might not look as "WOW!" as the Razer stuff but they have been making good quality headsets for a while now.

Other then that there is always Steel Series but I know a few people that have had problems with them in the past so it might require some research first. Not saying that they are not fine now though and should be worth a look :)

If you really like Razer you could always try their new Banshee headset, although I think that it would be a downgrade from your Megalodon.

3. shakesfist macrumors newbie

I like my Logitech G35. Though in OSX. It is only stereo. In Windows it is 7.1.

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

My boys' like their Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000. Its a full headset and fairly sturdy construction. I have been through about 4 sets of Logitechs so I am turned off to them.