Best USB headset for Skype on MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jon08, May 13, 2009.

1. jon08 macrumors 68000

I recently bought Logitech ClearChat Comfort USB headset but wasn't satisfied with it, so I returned it. As soon as I plugged it in, the Input Level bars (in System Preferences ≥ Sound) would automatically go up to almost the half of the Input Level indicator!!! During my chat on Skype the person on the other side complained because of the noise my mic had created, and this noise was exactly what the Input Level bars started indicating right after I plugged the headset in. (Where did that noise come from??)

However, when I plugged in my brother's Logitech Stereo USB Headset 250, none of the bars went up in Input level and it worked flawlessly on Skype with crystal clear sound. The only problem is that the latter headset is less comfortable for my ears, so I wouldn't really want to buy it.

I'm puzzled though, since they are both USB headsets, how come such unreasonable difference exists??

I'm currently looking for a new headset, but I don't want to undergo another "lottery" - I wish to buy one that will definitely work without any noise interferences whatsoever. Oh yeah, and I'm looking for preferrably an earcup headset...

Any suggestions?

2. MPHL macrumors regular

MPHL

I have the Logitech Premium USB Headset 350, works great and has awesome clarity.

3. jon08 thread starter macrumors 68000

^^ Nice, I guess I'll have to give it a try.

Any other suggestions?