Best USB Vacuum cleaner for 13'' MBP (early 2011)?

-LikesMac-

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Hello, I have a 13'' MBP 2011 and I've noticed that small dust particles have added up in tight spots like on the sides (and underneath!) the keyboard. In general, small things go on the keyboard, too. :eek:

Recently, I've heard of what is called a "USB-powered Vacuum cleaner", which is used to clean keyboards and such. :eek:

What's the best one for the 13'' MBP (early 2011)? :p

shardey

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2010
Colorado
Hello, I have a 13'' MBP 2011 and I've noticed that small dust particles have added up in tight spots like on the sides (and underneath!) the keyboard. In general, small things go on the keyboard, too. :eek:

Recently, I've heard of what is called a "USB-powered Vacuum cleaner", which is used to clean keyboards and such. :eek:

What's the best one for the 13'' MBP (early 2011)? :p
Not sure how powerful a USB powered vacuum would be, considering that if you have the 10w USB port, it still would be a weak vacuum.

Have you tried an air duster?

-LikesMac-

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Not sure how powerful a USB powered vacuum would be, considering that if you have the 10w USB port, it still would be a weak vacuum.

Have you tried an air duster?
Actually, no...are those good for keyboards (like the tight places that the MBP has)

shardey

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2010
Colorado
Actually, no...are those good for keyboards (like the tight places that the MBP has)
I would assume it wouldn't hurt, as it is just compressed air. I use a keyboard cover, and have since the first week of owning my 17" and that helps eliminates grime build up.

Dangerous Theory

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2011
UK
Vacuum cleaner isn't lightly to help. I don't know if they exist but I can see a USB air-blowing device with a thin nozzle being more useful. Of course, there's always a can of compressed air.

quensimp

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2013
i need some help from you vac pros

I think we all have different needs in a vacuum, some of us want a higher quality and some of us just want a cheap vacuum that does the trick for a while. With that being said I'm kind of a novice in vacuum buying and I thought you guys could help me out with some advice or suggestions. I found this site last night http://www.squidoo.com/what-is-the-best-vacuum-cleaner and I'm considering the hoover windtunnel even tho it's kind of pricey i'm hoping it will last a while. I'm wondering if you guys have any experience with it or suggestions of other ways to go? Thanks a lot.

mykem

macrumors regular
May 20, 2008
I would just use your home vacuum and use the brush attachment. Personally, I use my Dyson and it works great especially in tight crevices and sucking the internal dusts through the vent openings. Make sure you clean the brush to remove anything that may scratch the MBP.