Best USB Vacuum cleaner for 13'' MBP (early 2011)?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by -LikesMac-, Mar 25, 2012.

1. -LikesMac- macrumors 6502

Hello, I have a 13'' MBP 2011 and I've noticed that small dust particles have added up in tight spots like on the sides (and underneath!) the keyboard. In general, small things go on the keyboard, too. :eek:

Recently, I've heard of what is called a "USB-powered Vacuum cleaner", which is used to clean keyboards and such. :eek:

What's the best one for the 13'' MBP (early 2011)? :p

2. shardey macrumors 6502a

shardey

Not sure how powerful a USB powered vacuum would be, considering that if you have the 10w USB port, it still would be a weak vacuum.

Have you tried an air duster?

3. -LikesMac- thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually, no...are those good for keyboards (like the tight places that the MBP has)

4. shardey macrumors 6502a

shardey

I would assume it wouldn't hurt, as it is just compressed air. I use a keyboard cover, and have since the first week of owning my 17" and that helps eliminates grime build up.

5. MrCaff macrumors newbie

6. -LikesMac- thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh that's nice...

7. shardey macrumors 6502a

shardey

I recommend one if you don't have a 13", as the sound quality is greatly muffled with one on. I insist on getting a top case brand, if you wanted to grab one.

8. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Vacuum cleaner isn't lightly to help. I don't know if they exist but I can see a USB air-blowing device with a thin nozzle being more useful. Of course, there's always a can of compressed air.

9. Suanmiao macrumors member

10. AppChat macrumors regular

11. quensimp macrumors newbie

i need some help from you vac pros

I think we all have different needs in a vacuum, some of us want a higher quality and some of us just want a cheap vacuum that does the trick for a while. With that being said I'm kind of a novice in vacuum buying and I thought you guys could help me out with some advice or suggestions. I found this site last night http://www.squidoo.com/what-is-the-best-vacuum-cleaner and I'm considering the hoover windtunnel even tho it's kind of pricey i'm hoping it will last a while. I'm wondering if you guys have any experience with it or suggestions of other ways to go? Thanks a lot.

12. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Yeah, these guys particularly needed an USB vacuum, and that one year ago. I don't think a Hoover does the trick.

13. mykem macrumors regular

I would just use your home vacuum and use the brush attachment. Personally, I use my Dyson and it works great especially in tight crevices and sucking the internal dusts through the vent openings. Make sure you clean the brush to remove anything that may scratch the MBP.