Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robcts

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Looking for something that can download binaries from Usenet, and it'd be helpful if it provided .nzb support.

Anything? I know of Unison, but I am wondering if there are better solutions?

davidcb13

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2005
robcts said:
Looking for something that can download binaries from Usenet, and it'd be helpful if it provided .nzb support.

Anything? I know of Unison, but I am wondering if there are better solutions?

Looking for the same thing any free ones out there?

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says...MT-Newswatcher, while showing its age, is probably your best *free* option....try it out anyway - you've got nothing to lose! ....oh yeah!

prophet621

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2005
I have been looking since I first got my ibook several weeks ago and can't find a decent one. I have a frind who has Thoth which many have mentioned in other posts as being good but even that doesn't seem very good.

I often use newsgroups to grab pictures to use for textures in 3d modeling, in windows I use Newsbin and then use ThumbsPlus to look through the huge batch and sort them. Hanven't found anything even remotely close in mac. Really disapointing.

I'm slowly learning C programming and then on to c++, hopefully I can someday write my own apps unless someone writes something to fit my purpose by then. In the mean time I just stick to Windows for much of my work.

robcts

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
prophet621 said:
I have been looking since I first got my ibook several weeks ago and can't find a decent one. I have a frind who has Thoth which many have mentioned in other posts as being good but even that doesn't seem very good.

I often use newsgroups to grab pictures to use for textures in 3d modeling, in windows I use Newsbin and then use ThumbsPlus to look through the huge batch and sort them. Hanven't found anything even remotely close in mac. Really disapointing.

I'm slowly learning C programming and then on to c++, hopefully I can someday write my own apps unless someone writes something to fit my purpose by then. In the mean time I just stick to Windows for much of my work.
Did you try unison?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.