Best value / mac friendly all in one printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by macgrl, Dec 8, 2012.

1. macgrl macrumors 65816

Hello all.

My brother all in one printer has finally met its end and I am looking for a new 3 or 4 in one printer.

I was happy with brother last time as the replacement cartridges were good value and as there were 3 (or 4?) colour cartridges you only had to replace the low one.

I tend to print just black and white with the occassional colour one..no photos at all.

Are brother still the best value? I don't mind paying a bit more up front if over time it will work out cheaper with usage costs.

Also I was looking at the printers now that have a feeder tray for scanning multiple pages without having to keep changing it on the scanner bed - are these prone to jamming?

Many thanks

2. colodane macrumors 6502a

colodane

I have had great results with an Epson Workforce 845. This is a multi-function color inkjet with convenient copying function, auto duplexing, etc. Features very large and economical ink cartridges. It has been in service over a year and I've replaced the B/W cartridge once and still using the original color cartridges. Very easy connection to the wi-fi network and the airprint has worked flawlessly from both my iMac and iPad. Like you, I don't do much printing of photos. For general B/W and office type color use, this is ideal. Highly recommended.

3. dmarch macrumors regular

dmarch

Another vote for the Epson 845. Been using it for several months with no issues.