Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zimtheinvader

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
the capitol
hello,
I'm currently the proud owner of a 12"PB and current Verizon customer, but I was wondering which would be the best phone to compliment the PB for college?
I originally ordered a Samsung i730 BT/WiFi/WM2003SE smartphone, but considering I'm an Entourage &PB user already, is this simply overkill?? Also, I hate windows, sooo will I also hate WM2003?

In light of this, can anyone reccomend a more suitable (+hopefully cheaper!) Verizon phone, preferably w/ Bluetooth? I would get a Razr or keep my Nokia if I had any other company, but my family is all Verizon...
:(
Thnx for the advice!!

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
I have no recommendation, but I wanted to make sure you knew Verizon's bluetooth is crippled. All it's good for is wireless headsets and internet access. They are not ment to be synced or anything. Many of them can be hacked though.

Sttesuhc

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2005
Grapes-
Thanks for the heads up. I'm in the same sort of boat as the poster. Do you know, on Verizon bluetooth phones, can they be sync-ed to Macs at all? Using a cable? My main interest is having a bluetooth headset, but I'm hoping one way or another to be able to sync a bluetooth Verizon phone to my computer.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Sttesuhc said:
Grapes-
Thanks for the heads up. I'm in the same sort of boat as the poster. Do you know, on Verizon bluetooth phones, can they be sync-ed to Macs at all? Using a cable? My main interest is having a bluetooth headset, but I'm hoping one way or another to be able to sync a bluetooth Verizon phone to my computer.
This page lists the different devices that work w/ iSync. It looks like most of those motorolla phones only sync w/ macs using USB anyway. But I'm interested to see where this thread goes because I'm pretty much in the same situation. I want a new phone and I'm w/ verizon right now.

quackattack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Boise, ID
grapes911 said:
I have no recommendation, but I wanted to make sure you knew Verizon's bluetooth is crippled. All it's good for is wireless headsets and internet access. They are not ment to be synced or anything. Many of them can be hacked though.

Oh man, that really stinks. I use Verizon and was thinking about upgrading to a BT phone. Now, I can wait a while. On a positive note, I guess you just saved my wallet!

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Yeah, don't bother with BT for now. I do love the LG VX8000, with the VCAST package. I actually work at RadioShack and play with our demo of that one all day long practically. It's the best phone I've ever seen.

jW

thumb

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2005
zimtheinvader said:
hello,
I'm currently the proud owner of a 12"PB and current Verizon customer, but I was wondering which would be the best phone to compliment the PB for college?
I originally ordered a Samsung i730 BT/WiFi/WM2003SE smartphone, but considering I'm an Entourage &PB user already, is this simply overkill?? Also, I hate windows, sooo will I also hate WM2003?

In light of this, can anyone reccomend a more suitable (+hopefully cheaper!) Verizon phone, preferably w/ Bluetooth? I would get a Razr or keep my Nokia if I had any other company, but my family is all Verizon...
:(
Thnx for the advice!!

Get the Motorola e815. iSyncable w/ BT, great 262K screen, up to 512MB, etc. Uses EVDO network, meaning you can use phone as broadband modem if in right area. $99 with contract, $200 without.

go to http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=294 to search for more hacks. Look for OBEX on Mac and DUN.

Enjoy it. I love mine.

thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.