Best Verizon Phone?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thebrain74, Jul 13, 2009.

1. thebrain74 macrumors regular

I know it really isn't kosher to post this since I am not talking about apple hardware (I would get an iphone if I could, believe me), but I thought you guys could help me out.

I am getting a new phone and I am on the Verizon Network. I am not getting a smartphone because I cannot stomach the data fees. So what regular ("dumb phones" or more specifically, anything that I can get without having to pay for the data plan. Doesn't necessarily mean it is a low featured phone) do you guys like?

Right now I am considering an LG Dare.

I have pretty basic phone needs, I call and I text. My ipod touch covers everything else 9 months out of the year (university wide wi-fi).

The biggest thing I think I should look for is a step up in the UI. I had this phone before
    http://dependablewireless.net/images/v325.jpg
    and the UI was atrocious and would get rediculously slow if you have a few hundred texts on it (for the record this is far fewer than it takes before the phone starts giving you % full warnings).

Any thoughts?

2. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

3. Apple-Man23 macrumors regular

I am in the same boat as you my iPod touch does it all except make calls and i am stuck on verizon...anyway I have the samsung glyde and i like it...it has a touch screen but also has a full qwerty keyboard

hope that helps

4. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS