Best version of OS X for ibook 366

Discussion in 'macOS' started by aeaglex07, Aug 12, 2007.

1. aeaglex07 macrumors 6502

aeaglex07

Ibook SE 366, 192mb RAM?
    Any suggestions...I has jaguar but I was thinking of upgrading to Panther...would it really require a RAM upgrade as well?

2. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

You're best off staying with Jaguar. Panther and Tiger are really a bit much. Panther will want 256mb really.. So you could up it and try, but Jaguar is really as far as you should go, otherwise you're just going to kill it.

3. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

I run Panther on a Powerbook with roughly the same specs and it works although it takes a while to start up and get going. The advantage of running Panther is a lot more applications become available to you, as most seem to require 10.3.9 minimum nowadays.

4. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

I'd stick with Jag too.

You could move to panther, but I'd have at least 256-384 megs of ram in there.

5. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Wirelessly posted (LGE-VX9900/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

OP, unless you plan to upgrade the ram, i would stick with what you have. If you get a ram upgrade in the future, upgrade to panther. Tiger is out of the question

6. aeaglex07 thread starter macrumors 6502

aeaglex07

Thank You So Much

Great advice... I think I'll stick with Jaguar (i remember being a switcher when it came out :) ) Upping the RAM wouldn't be a bad idea right? Even so I'll stick with Jaguar

Thanks!