Best Version of Photoshop to get?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Wicked1, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I am looking to get photoshop to make images for web pages, edit images for themes and edit photos however with there being so many versions I am a little confused. I am taking a class for school and I get a student discount, so I am looking for the best version Priced below $499.

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

If it's just Photoshop you need, then you can get CS5 Student and Teacher Edition for just US$199. However, for $449 you can get the Student and Teacher Edition CS5 Web Premium package. The Design Premium package may not be suitable for you, given your brief description of interests.

One thing to bear in mind is that these suites are not upgradeable without paying for the package again. For instance, you can't go from Education versions of CS5 to CS6 without paying the full educational price all over again. There's no smaller intermediate upgrade price.

I would suggest downloading the trial versions of the software you might think you need. They're fully functional for 30 days and then see whether you think you just need Photoshop or some or all of the other components of the Web Premium package.