Best Video Camera Under $250

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacsBestFriend, Nov 22, 2008.

1. MacsBestFriend macrumors 6502a

MacsBestFriend

Hey everyone, I am going to buy a new video camera soon and I am looking at the Samsung SC-MX20 and the Flip MinoHD. From user experience, which would you recommend? I really like them both, but I feel like I can get more out of the Samsung. If you have any other suggestions I am open to hearing them, thanks!:D

Samsung:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8907365&type=product&id=1213046784418
    Flip:
    http://www.theflip.com/store/MinoHD.aspx

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If it helps to know, this camera will complement my Aluminum MacBook.:apple:

2. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

haven't used any, but from experience with other camcorders, if you're spending under $250 it probably doesn't matter because they are all gonna be crap. So I'd get the Flip because it's the smallest and coolest looking

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I'd get the Flip since it's cooler and smaller. And it's USB not FireWire, something the Aluminum MBs don't have.

4. macrumorsMaster macrumors 6502

Funny...you spend....

over $1600 on a computer, but want to complement it with a CHEAP camcorder? Why not up your budget to at least $500-$700.

Dumbfounds me :confused:

5. MacsBestFriend thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacsBestFriend

im spending all the money on the laptop. im only 13 and it took forever to save this much doe. actually, im going to buy an ipod touch now because my sister will probably buy me a camera!:D

6. cube macrumors G5