Best Video Conferencing for Cross-Platform

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jpod89, Jan 2, 2008.

1. jpod89 macrumors member

Thread title says it all. I'm trying to VC with my girlfriend, who runs Vista. I'm just wondering if there's a program (other then AIM - I'm not a big fan) that is free and will allow that, and which you guys think will be best.

Thank you very much!

2. McGiord, Jan 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

I have used MSN Messenger running it on Windows XP Pro via Boot Camp and Parallels.

But the best experience I have is with Skype:

www.skype.com

It's free, and the video quality is pretty good.
    ________
    MXR-01

3. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

4. jpod89 thread starter macrumors member

Ah, this whole time I thought that you had to pay for skype calls!

5. johnburke macrumors newbie

Great solution for Video conferencing on Mac

I wanted to write in and let you know I am client of MegaMeeting. They are completely browser based and they allow up to 16 videos up at one time in each room. You can even have multiple rooms at the same time, which is great for educational or business type needs. I have been using them from about 6 months and found their customer support is amazing and they will even train you on how to use the system which makes it easy and fun to use. I would suggest you check them out if you need video conferencing for anything. My rep is Matt McClure and he has done great in making this simple and easy.
    http://www.megameeting.com/jump.php?d=MTAFF01
    Enjoy!
    John Burke

6. wwong-maui macrumors newbie

Skype or Google+ HangOuts

Skype really works well, is on both platforms and just recently added video support.

If both of you have Gmail accounts, go to Google+ and start a HangOut session, its free, voice, video and chat by typing and much more... Works best with the Chrome Browser or Firefox.