Best Video Conversion App

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Luigi239, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

Hey, everybody. I am trying to find a good, free video conversion app. It needs to do two tasks. 1) Convert videos ripped using handbrake for my iPod. (the resolution is to big). 2) Convert some .avi into h.264 for my iPod.

Also, I know about visualhub, however right now, I can't afford it. Free, or cheap (~10$) is my limit for right now.

Thanks

2. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Handbrake is the best tool to convert DVDs to H.264
    Visual Hub is the best tool for all other formats (avi, divx, mkv, etc...) to H.264

3. mileslong macrumors 6502

mileslong

try isquint to convert the video to ipod format. i believe its free and i believe its made by the same people who make visual hub...

4. devnill macrumors newbie

devnill

ffmpeg?

After you have ripped it with HandBrake or DVDBackup
    http://ffmpegX.com/ shareware can also do the job.
    As for the best guess, well I guess you need to try a few. Which I must confess
    I have not.The ripping is usually as most of my original disks won't read DRM me thinks.
    :confused:

5. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

There are many options to do the conversion and the most common ones are already listed above and I recommend them to everyone myself I just wanted to add one more option for those who do have access to QT pro as I have used it myself and it is equally good.