Best video converter for iphone

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tjespo22, Jul 18, 2008.

1. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

If i download a movie, whats the best program for me to convert it to .mp4 thats free.
    thanks alot
    espo

2. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

iSquint http://www.isquint.org/

By far is the best free one...likewise, it's 'big brother' Visual Hub is well worth the money

3. hitnrun7 Guest

i second iSquint. However there is also another program that can rip a DVD straight to mp4, handbrake, its also free.

4. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

true, handbrake is awesome, but it doesn't rip DVD's (you'll want Mac the Ripper for that), but it'll convert to anything once you've ripped

again, Handbrake is the best at that type of conversion

5. hitnrun7 Guest

Thanks for correcting me, i just realized what i typed.... Handbrake will convert the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS files that MactheRipper puts out.

6. atlanticza macrumors 6502a

atlanticza

Yes Handbrake is great and you can't beat the price - it's free. But note that the latest release is only compatible with Mac OS X Leopard.

"HandBrake 0.9.2 incorporates many major and exciting changes—including full support for the AppleTV Take 2 and the latest iPhone/iPod Touch firmware."

http://handbrake.fr/

7. trek1500 macrumors member

trek1500

I love isquint...if you have any old home movies in an mpeg format that you want converted to mpeg 4 it works great for that also! Plus once you've converted it you can upload your videos in iTunes and play them on your iPhone or iTouch in my case..