best video editing

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Badrottie, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I have done with video editing in the past with Adobe Premiere 3 but not much until I started working with Premiere Element for Windows to upload video to youtube. Until now I finally got a MacBook Pro so I have not decide which best to use….Just to let you know that I am 100% DEAF (I am sure you can detect my poor english grammers) I am looking to work on video with transitions, special effects, censor, and closed caption (A MUST!) (or subtitles). I want to do very simple but not steer learning curve. I usually make like less than 15 minutes video for use with my own Blog and some youtube.

So which is the best video editor do you recommend for my MBP?

Thank you

2. cgbier macrumors 6502a

Start playing around with the iMovie you got already on your machine. If you like it, you might upgrade to FCP X.

But as you are used to Premier Elements, and it is sufficient for you, you might look into this program also.

Download the trial versions...

3. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

Take a look at Movie Captioner.

4. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Not sure about the quality of CC integration with iMovie '11 or FCP X, however those two programs (FCP more than iMovie) are great for doing everything else you listed. My suggestion, master iMovie, then move on to FCP.

5. Badrottie thread starter Suspended

Badrottie

I have seen Movie Captioner before I post this thread...and this small program cost $$$$. :(

----------

Yeah I am looking forward to work on iMovie soon. Thank you very much.

6. rubymooree macrumors newbie

Final Cut Pro is one of the best alternatives for you. iMovie is an light weight video editing program. If you want to do some professorial video production, go for FCP.

7. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

If you think that is too pricey you probably won't be a fan of the $300 price tag on FCPX.

For starters you could download the premiere trial from adobe as they offer 30 days for free on all their products.

8. dtechlogic macrumors regular

If you want to do more you will have to spend more. I bought CS5 production premium at $400.00 and i don't regret it.

9. Badrottie thread starter Suspended

Badrottie

Just got CS5.5 master collection today from eBay I ill try Premiere CS5.5 later this week and then will try Final Cut Pro X this week off eBay..hope it will not eat up too much hard drive space.

10. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

iMovie is a entry level video editor, it can deal with some easy steps just like as clip and insert. And Final Cut Pro is high level software with much powerful functions which used most in Mac. Maybe it's just the another Adobe Premiere in Mac OS.

11. Kevin Monahan macrumors regular

Perfect. With Premiere Pro CS5.5, you have the new captioning feature that will please you since it was a "must have" for you that most other NLEs do not have (including FCP7 and FCPX). Read more about it here: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premierepro/cs/using/WS98f47375ae361e914ced1b7012e2f02aaba-7fff.html

BTW, you can only buy FCPX at the AppStore.