Best Video iPod for watchng Videos?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by cujoca, Apr 10, 2007.

1. cujoca macrumors regular

Next week i'm spending a lot of time on a coach bus for a school trip (atleast 7 hours each way...) and I was wondering which video iPod is easier on the eyes to look at when watching videos...if you know what i mean...BLACK OR WHITE...I've heard white is harder on the eyes because your attention is more drawn to the white case of the iPod as a pose to the black, but what is your opinion?

Thanks in advance

2. cujoca thread starter macrumors regular

One other quick question not related to the topic. Say if I wanted to watch some movies on my iPod through a hotel TV or any TV for that matter, is there a cheaper way than buying the whole Apple audio/video hook up?

Thanks again

3. mturlock macrumors newbie

I have a black one, but I did have a white one and i didn't find the white case distracting. Of course you may have a different opinion. Just buy the iPod you want. I got the black one because both my apple laptops are black (macbook and G3 Lombard)

I read you can use any cable to connect the iPod to a TV screen just apple switched the Right Audio (white) cable and the video (yellow) so the colors on the cable ends will not match up with the plugs on the TV. Again I just read this I don't know for a fact. Check google... I bought the av connection kit so I could have the TV connectors, a remote and a charger (batteries drain fast watching videos!)

EDIT:
    I even checked google for you... Red cable end is Video (yellow on TV) Yellow is Left Audio (White on TV) White is Right Audio (Red on TV)

4. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I don't really know about the case, but I don't think your battery will last you that long, unless you plan to keep it plugged in the whole time.

5. cujoca thread starter macrumors regular

its just over five hours...do you mean it will be bad for the battery over the long term or just draining the battery quickly?

6. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I use my white iPod Video almost solely for video and it's been fine for me, I don't feel drawn to look at the case, unless the show is boring :p. But get the iPod that you think looks better, and if you find that the case colour distracts you then get a coloured hard case.