Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
I've searched, but haven't found anything!

Can someone point me to the best video recording app for the iPad? I just want to be able to control the quality of the video taken by the camera, which the Apple camera app won't let you do, of course.

Any suggestions?

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
I would recommend ProCamera HD, with the caveat that I've only used the iPhone versions (ProCamera, then ProCamera 7 when it came out).

One of the main reasons I got a replacement camera app is to be able to lower the video resolution to 720p (or lower), but this app does a LOT more, including all the best camera settings.

No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
I would recommend ProCamera HD, with the caveat that I've only used the iPhone versions (ProCamera, then ProCamera 7 when it came out).

One of the main reasons I got a replacement camera app is to be able to lower the video resolution to 720p (or lower), but this app does a LOT more, including all the best camera settings.

No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

I too recommend ProCamera (7), it's decent. I've even published a very strong recommendation of the title here at the MR forum. (I can't look it up now as I'm entering this on my iPad.)

However, I also recommend getting
- CameraTweak 2
- either (or both) my video camera tweaks
if your iPad is JB'n. Basically, these three tweaks offer what ProCamera does (video-wise) and allow for using the stock Camera app for all these (no need to use a separate app).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.