Best Video Recording Software for Tutor?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ChemMan12, Jun 25, 2014.

1. ChemMan12 macrumors newbie

:apple:
    Hello,

I am a college student who is majoring in chemistry. I have had multiple students ask me if I could help them when they take general chemistry. I want to make high quality videos and burn them to a flash drive to send.

My plan is to use my iPad, air server (allows me to project the iPad to my Mac), and use an app like notability for note taking. I would like to have my face/body in a corner like some professors do when they make videos for their students. Somehow I will need to incorporate problem sets to work.

Of course, being chemistry, there are experiments I could add. Is it possible to hook a video camera and record straight to the Mac?

Suggestions, please?

Thanks,
    Andrew
    :apple:

2. garya73 macrumors 6502

Most camcorders these days allow you to record to an SD card - one review I read said 32GB can hold 400 minutes of HD video. They also usually have USB and HDMI ports.

You can get HDMI to mini displayport (Thunderbolt) cables. One cable indicates that Macs built before 2010 cannot outout audio over mini displayport. Do not know if you can import audio for those older machines.

Camtasia is a program that you can use to record your screen. You could have the prerecorded video running on one part of the screen with another window displaying notes, or an active video window of yourself, or green screen yourself into your presentations. It also has video editing features.

http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia-mac-features.html