Best video streaming app

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macguy360, Apr 9, 2012.

1. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

If you have the new iPad and have been trying to find a good app to watch tv and or movies, theres a good chance you have tried netflix, abc, nbc, and even crackle (sony's app). The sad part is that none of those apps provide true high definition video viewing. I have found that out of those, ABC and NBC appear to be the best.

But if you really want to get a great viewing experience. You have to try the hulu+ app. I am not sure if the video is 720p or 1080p but it is really good quality and definitely the best out of all the video streaming apps. I am waiting for netflix to update to high definition but I think the company isn't sure if its servers can handle streaming HD to the millions of devices that support it and that is why it hasn't yet been implemented.

So my personal suggestion for getting the most out of your iPad would be to have a combination of crackle, hulu+ and netflix.

2. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

I've been waiting for Netflix to update their streaming quality to HD for the past 3 years lol.

3. Eddie Bombay macrumors 6502

HBO GO is OK. The quality of DirecTv app is good too if you have on demand.

4. CandyNJ66 macrumors regular

HBO GO looks excellent on the Retina display, heck even Crackle looks good.

5. thenumbersrbad macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

if I truly care about watching something in "true" hd, I watch it on my tv at home. yes it's nice to have hd content on the iPad but I mean come on, does it have to e 1080p for us to be happy while streaming video on the go?

6. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I like Hulu+ the best. Netflix can eat the undigested corn kernels from my fecal matter.

7. big samm macrumors 65816

I use Netflix and sling player for streaming videos,but for true hd content I buy whole season of tv shows now in 1080p. All I can say 1080p looks gorgeous on the new iPad :)

8. A420Turbo macrumors member

Vimeo has some nice HD clips I used to show my friends the quality of the new ipad display but I think it also depends on how fast your connection is