Best VNC/Remote Desktop App?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by That-Guy, Dec 15, 2013.

1. That-Guy macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

Hi,

I am looking for the best VNC/Remote Desktop App for viewing my Mac Desktop on the iPad Air, after reading a few reviews only it looks like Screens is a good choice to go for?

From what I can gather it will work remotely with the companion app installed on the Mac but if you are on the same network it will connect directly meaning faster speeds, this sounds good.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/screens-control-your-computer/id655890150

Does anyone have any experience with this app and think it is good? Or anyone know of any reasons not to get this app and use an alternative?

Thanks in Advance!

2. BigHonkingDeal, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013

BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

I just discovered Microsoft's Remote Desktop app for the Mac, iPad and Android and it's the best solution I found so far.... Works great and it's free.

3. StuartL macrumors member

For accessing my mac locally I use "Remoter VNC - Remote Desktop".

For accessing across the net I use LogMeIn.

4. Jeayese macrumors newbie

I am In love with splashtop, it's fast and it feels like I'm using the remote computer directly! It now plays games without any lag via remote!

It's the best thing I've ever used till this day! Check it out!

5. ycaner macrumors newbie

The best ever on vnc is "iteleport" !!! none of the others can beat this app.. i defenitly advise.

6. Jeayese macrumors newbie

Have you actually tried splashtop? Like I said, I could stream gameplay from the remote pc to the actual computer... I have never seen something like this via a vnc app.

7. That-Guy thread starter macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

Did look at splashtop but don't really want to pay the in app subscriptions would rather have a one time payment :)

8. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

I have been using VNC Viewer for a long time and think it's great.

9. Macalway macrumors 68000

There are a lot of options, which is great. I use Splashtop, as it works and it's kind of a brand loyalty thing, which essentially means too lazy to change. They are probably ripping me off, but it works as good as anything else, so you know there's not something out there better; only cheaper.