Best Wall Mount For iMac and TBD?

MyiBill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Hi all,

Im looking to get a new 27" iMac soon and what to hang it on the wall next to a TBD. Now I know I need the apple vesa mount but I looking for the best wall mount. What do you all recommend? I want to keep it close to the wall but still have some maneuverability.

JAT

macrumors 604
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
Monoprice.com has great mounts at great prices. Although, if you are looking for fancy with your 2 screens, there are double monitor mounts out there.

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
I have one of their mounts similar to that one. It's pretty well made, but leaves a lot to be desired as far as adjustability.

You get what you pay for.

MyiBill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
I have one of their mounts similar to that one. It's pretty well made, but leaves a lot to be desired as far as adjustability.

You get what you pay for.

Are you able to tilt them inward a little bit so they aren't flush against the wall?

JAT

macrumors 604
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
I don't know about that particular one, but they certainly have some that are more adjustable than others. I've used arm mounts and the very flat tilting mounts, mostly. Their quality is very good, the price just shows you how much markup there is in name brand mounts.

I do have one projector mount I'm a little disappointed with, may replace it. Still not worried about it dropping my projector, though. They are quite solid.

That one doesn't look very low profile. Maybe?

MyiBill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
I don't know about that particular one, but they certainly have some that are more adjustable than others. I've used arm mounts and the very flat tilting mounts, mostly. Their quality is very good, the price just shows you how much markup there is in name brand mounts.

I do have one projector mount I'm a little disappointed with, may replace it. Still not worried about it dropping my projector, though. They are quite solid.

That one doesn't look very low profile. Maybe?
That one actually looks perfect and a little more sturdy (to me at least).

JAT

macrumors 604
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
If you aren't familiar, they are a great company. Good return policy, solid inexpensive products.