Best Wall Mount For iMac and TBD?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MyiBill, Mar 6, 2012.

1. MyiBill macrumors 6502

Hi all,

Im looking to get a new 27" iMac soon and what to hang it on the wall next to a TBD. Now I know I need the apple vesa mount but I looking for the best wall mount. What do you all recommend? I want to keep it close to the wall but still have some maneuverability.

2. JAT macrumors 603

Monoprice.com has great mounts at great prices. Although, if you are looking for fancy with your 2 screens, there are double monitor mounts out there.

3. MyiBill thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

I have one of their mounts similar to that one. It's pretty well made, but leaves a lot to be desired as far as adjustability.

You get what you pay for.

5. MyiBill thread starter macrumors 6502

Are you able to tilt them inward a little bit so they aren't flush against the wall?

6. JAT macrumors 603

I don't know about that particular one, but they certainly have some that are more adjustable than others. I've used arm mounts and the very flat tilting mounts, mostly. Their quality is very good, the price just shows you how much markup there is in name brand mounts.

I do have one projector mount I'm a little disappointed with, may replace it. Still not worried about it dropping my projector, though. They are quite solid.

That one doesn't look very low profile. Maybe?

7. MyiBill thread starter macrumors 6502

That one actually looks perfect and a little more sturdy (to me at least).

8. JAT macrumors 603

If you aren't familiar, they are a great company. Good return policy, solid inexpensive products.