Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

APPLEFAN8

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
NJ/GA/FL
I shoot a lot of drag racing photo's and i've noticed lately people are using my photo's on their websites without me getting any credit. I was looking for a good watermark program I could use to have my name in the bottom left of each photo. Thanks!

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009
I shoot a lot of drag racing photo's and i've noticed lately people are using my photo's on their websites without me getting any credit. I was looking for a good watermark program I could use to have my name in the bottom left of each photo. Thanks!

If you use Aperture it can do it when you export a photo and there is also a free plugin that gives you a little more control. I don't like either one. Photoshop is probably the most flexible but I don't like taking the extra step. Moral of the story...I haven't found anything I'm happy with. The Aperture plugin is so slow I can't stand to use it and if you just use the export option you have no idea how it will look until after the pic is exported. Any way...good luck.;)

ManhattanPrjct

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2008
Check out the Adobe Labs' LR3 Beta update videos - they really improved on the watermarking function in the latest release (which will hopefully be out this summer).

Edge100

macrumors 68000
May 14, 2002
Where am I???
+1 for Lightroom 3.

I used to use the LR/Mogrify plugin in LR2, but since moving to the LR3 beta for most of my work, I've been using the built-in watermarking in LR.

ManhattanPrjct

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2008
+1 for Lightroom 3.

I used to use the LR/Mogrify plugin in LR2, but since moving to the LR3 beta for most of my work, I've been using the built-in watermarking in LR.

You're using it for production work? What happens if the beta catalogs are not supported in the final version?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.