Best watermark program?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by APPLEFAN8, May 31, 2010.

1. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I shoot a lot of drag racing photo's and i've noticed lately people are using my photo's on their websites without me getting any credit. I was looking for a good watermark program I could use to have my name in the bottom left of each photo. Thanks!

2. JDDavis macrumors 65816

JDDavis

If you use Aperture it can do it when you export a photo and there is also a free plugin that gives you a little more control. I don't like either one. Photoshop is probably the most flexible but I don't like taking the extra step. Moral of the story...I haven't found anything I'm happy with. The Aperture plugin is so slow I can't stand to use it and if you just use the export option you have no idea how it will look until after the pic is exported. Any way...good luck.;)

3. ManhattanPrjct macrumors 6502

Check out the Adobe Labs' LR3 Beta update videos - they really improved on the watermarking function in the latest release (which will hopefully be out this summer).

4. Edge100 macrumors 68000

+1 for Lightroom 3.

I used to use the LR/Mogrify plugin in LR2, but since moving to the LR3 beta for most of my work, I've been using the built-in watermarking in LR.

5. ManhattanPrjct macrumors 6502

You're using it for production work? What happens if the beta catalogs are not supported in the final version?

6. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

I have my watermark saved in .psd format so it's very simple to add to any picture I want using Photoshop.