Best watermark software

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PolarIce, Jul 1, 2012.

1. PolarIce macrumors newbie

I've recently started taking some photos with a camera I just purchased, and of course looking for watermarking software.

I was able to find a $7.00 program thru the app store, but it really looks cheap compared to the great watermarks I had using photoshop. Unfortunately I no longer have the ability to load photoshop as I had it previously on another machine.

I am trying to see if Photoshop Element 10 would be a good, affordable option of building a really nice embossed type watermark as opposed to the cheap stamp option I'm currently using with that cheap app store program.

Would really appreciate any advice or suggestions you may have, or thoughts about my current idea of buying Element 10.

Cheers
    -Polar-

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

aperture works a treat for me.

i'd suggest you get yourself a one piece of software setup, lightroom, aperture, elements something like that

3. cupcakes2000 macrumors 6502

Yeah but you need photoshop or something to create the watermark.

OP: take a look at gimp. It's free I believe!

4. TheDrift- macrumors 6502a

TheDrift-

I use Iwatermark Pro its does everything i want

5. snberk103 macrumors 603

I don't know Aperture well enough, but Lightroom has watermarking. Lightroom can do about 95% of the editing most people need (Aperture as well) plus all the organizing stuff. Photoshop is overkill for most people, plus expensive.

Lightroom also has the ability to work with plug-ins, so you can load a 3rd party watermarking plug-in that goes beyond what Lr natively does. This allows you stay within Lr but still get enhanced features. For a while I used the Mogrify plug-in in Lr.

Hope this helps.

6. milbournosphere macrumors 6502a

milbournosphere

Lightroom can watermark your photos when you export them for publishing/distribution.