best way 3gs disabled jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jlooky, Dec 23, 2011.

1. jlooky macrumors newbie

I just got a 3gs from friend. Its disabled. I know how to get to recovery and restore through itunes to IOS 5.01. However, I have no idea if the current recovery through itunes puts the baseband at a level where I can not jailbreak and unlock for tmobile. I am new to the game. I appreciate your help.

2. sbddude macrumors 6502a

Can you try using tinyumbrella to determine current firmware and baseband?

3. jlooky thread starter macrumors newbie

Not sure

my experience is in FTA cable boxes never had a iphone or jailbreak. Not sure if tinyumbrella will work on disabled phone. Is that what it is used for? to provide info on firmware and BB?

4. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Why won't you just try TU? It's not like it will break your iPhone. If you know what firmware you are on then we can give you suggestion.

5. jlooky thread starter macrumors newbie

downloaded TU no firmware info

Downloaded TinyUmbrella and tried to run it. It does not show what firmware I am at. it does not list anything just a ECID number. Maybe because its disabled. Not sure how to move forward.

6. sbddude macrumors 6502a

7. jlooky thread starter macrumors newbie

8. jlooky thread starter macrumors newbie

OK ifaith worked it showed me I am on 4.3.5 It doesnt show me what my bb is.

So I have a diasbled 4.3.5 dont know bb. What is my best bet to do in order to make as functional as possible for t-mobile.