Best way from Free SMS/MMS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JHNguyen, Sep 25, 2007.

1. JHNguyen macrumors member

Hi,
    Any idea on whats the most reliable way to get MMS and SMS messages sent to your phone without paying for the unlimited texting plan? I'm looking for a good reliable way to send texts to my friends when I don't have wifi and can only use edge.

I've tried using jivetalk and sending SMS messages from there, but, if I'm searching another website or the edge connectins gets a little crappy. It gets closed, and I can't receive any messages. Also, when I don't have reception, texts can't be sent to me and I don't receive anything. Another feature that would be cool, is to actually know when I get texts.. (with vibrate or a sound)

Is their someway to integrate texts through emails?

Just to make sure.. does SMS mean text messages.. and MMS means picture message?

thanks

2. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

Just have the MSS's go thru email same as text.
    You can send any message to any phone carriers cellphone using email and its free.

3. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

Sending is simple that way, but what about his incoming text messages? Pretty much anyone texting him would have to send it to an email instead right?

4. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

5. JHNguyen thread starter macrumors member

is it possible to set up my @mms.att.net account in the iphone's mail program?

John

6. D4F Guest

D4F

Why don't u try and tell us all?

7. JHNguyen thread starter macrumors member

i thought someone might have tried thks out before
    me amd could help me out..im having a little trouble finding the POP settings
    Sorry to bug you

John