Best way to access PDFs in iCloud

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kevingaffney, Oct 21, 2014.

1. kevingaffney macrumors 6502a

ive stored all unpaid invoices due to me in a folder in iCloud using my accounts package in a folder of their own. What's easiest way to access this folder on iPhone and read PDFs. I've downloaded a few apps but none have been a success so far

2. Abazigal macrumors G3

Abazigal

You can consider a pdf reader app like pdf expert or goodreader which will create its own folder in icloud drive.

Alternative, use a cloud service like dropbox or evernote, migrate your pdfs over to them and use the apps as viewers.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Have not used the cloud but all of our company PDFs are kept on DropBox and it works very well no mater what platform your employees are on.

4. kevingaffney thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the replies but I was hoping to use icloud for storing the PDFs as I'm already subscribing towards 200 gigs of storage

5. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

Theres an app called Cloud Drive Explorer. Basically you can view all your iCloud drive files and open them with the appropriate app. You can't edit your drive or move things directly from the app, but at least you can view and open.

6. Mike Boreham macrumors 65816

There's another thread reporting that Cloud Drive Explorer has been withdrawn from the Store. Seems to be missing.

7. kevingaffney thread starter macrumors 6502a

I looked for icloud explorer but not in App Store anymore. Looks like apple don't want users to open files on icloud on mobile devices except with apps that created them

8. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

I use Good Reader and it seems to be working fine.

9. kevingaffney thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for that downloaded it and doing the job. Not mad about the ui but that'll neatly give me an up to date list of debtors at all times

10. mantelvaviz macrumors newbie

I don't understand how, with GoodReader, you get access to PDFs that are outside the GoodReader iCloud Drive folder.

For example I have files in my personal folder with a custom name (and it's a subfolder of the iCloud Drive root folder) but sadly I cannot view them because they are outside the GoodReader folder.