Best way to animate a logo?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Benjamindaines, May 18, 2007.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I have a logo that I want to put on each side of a cube and have it spin. I've tried doing this by using the cube spin transition (which works) but it cuts the corners off, and if I made the canvas bigger there are gaps between the faces. How should I do this in Final Cut?

2. -DH macrumors 65816

Sounds like a job much more suited for Motion or After Effects, but if I had to do it in FCP I'd first try scaling the logo so the edges didn't cut off. If that didn't do it, I'd open the logo in Photoshop and add to the Canvas area to get the same effect as reducing scale in FCP.

-DH

3. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

You can't work in true 3D like that in FCP. Motion will do it (the newest one at least) and After Effects and Shake will do it. If you don't have access to those, you might want to look into the open source Blender 3D.

P-Worm

4. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Yeah I would have to say that it sounds like you need Motion or Combustion, I think it would be the easiest and fastest way of getting a project of this nature produced.

You could do this is FCP but it would be way faster doing this in decent compositing software.