Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
I have lots of old email downloaded that I would like access to if neededed, though I am not anticipating having to check the email more than maybe once a year. Is there a way to put all of the old emails onto an external drive to get them out of my inbox folders, and just open it from the drive when needed?

Thanks.

SuperMatt

Suspended
Mar 28, 2002
I have lots of old email downloaded that I would like access to if neededed, though I am not anticipating having to check the email more than maybe once a year. Is there a way to put all of the old emails onto an external drive to get them out of my inbox folders, and just open it from the drive when needed?

Thanks.

Try MailSteward. The free version does 15,000 emails, and you can pay if you need more than that.

http://www.mailsteward.com

Reactions: kat.hayes

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
The terminal code, posted by a now banned member appears to be malicious. Please be aware if that code was executed on your mac, your system may be compromised.

Reactions: kat.hayes

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
[MOD NOTE]
The terminal code, posted by a now banned member appears to be malicious. Please be aware if that code was executed on your mac, your system may be compromised.
Fortunately, I did not. What an awful thing to do...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.