Best way to block ads in safari

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by chasealicious11, Apr 7, 2011.

1. chasealicious11 macrumors newbie

Title says it all, I hear some programs actually slow down how long it takes for pages to load. I've tried searching and found some host files to replace but those are from 3.0 not iOS4.

I am looking for an app or a method (replacing host file) that removes ads which then helps the pages load faster. In addition I would like something that doesnt interfere with battery life.

Thanks for the help guys

2. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Atomic browser has an add blocker and blocklist you can edit.

3. THE dAY, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011

THE dAY macrumors 6502

I use AdBlocker from Cydia. It's from the same guy who makes Fullscreen for Safari.
    Just updated my phone and AdBlocker works great on iPhone4 4.3.1.
    Can be modified through the Settings app.

Most websites load a little faster some will load just a tad slower but mostly all ads are blocked.(Tested on 4.0.1)

It does not affect battery life.

EDIT: I have rechecked the load speeds of Safari with Adblocker enabled/disabled on 4.3.1 and unfortunately the majority of sites I visited loaded slower with it Enabled.

I don't know if this is due to the new Nitro Javascript but as of now I can't recommend this app and will disable it and try it again if it ever gets updated.