Best Way to buy a MacBook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hunterheath33, Sep 2, 2012.

1. hunterheath33 macrumors regular

So I'm selling my 2010 11in MacBook air and my other pc laptop and wish to buy a 13 or 15in MacBook pro. What would be the best way to go about this? And is the 13 or 15in regular MacBook pro good for YouTube video editing?

2. simsaladimbamba

The best way to buy a Mac is buying it from one of the places that sell Macs, like Apple, Amazon, Best Buy and any other channels publicly available. Just be careful of scam sites (offering a 2,000 USD Mac for 1,000 USD or so).
    If you are US bound, this might be helpful. If not (US bound), then telling us your continent or country might help.

And depending on your kind of footage (probably HD and highly compressed), the 13" and 15" MBP are up to the task, even a 2011 model can do that, or even an older one if you use the proper compression and proper editing application (when using iMovie, it will be taken care of).

3. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

you mean the best way to exchange/swap out old mbp for new one?

----------

:)

4. hunterheath33 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the replies so far. I am in the us and I was wondering the best way to sell my MacBook air and pcs and even my tablets because I don't use them that much anymore and what do you guys think about a refurb from apple

5. simsaladimbamba

eBay or CL can be used.

As for the refurbished section, it is a good way to go, and many, many people have used that route and where quite satisfied with that.

6. jrs22 macrumors 6502

I bought a cMBP from B&H Photo in July online. The MBP was discounted and Apple Care was heavily discounted. They packed everything carefully, shipped the same day, and as I live across the river from b&H, I received my MBP the very next day. I saved hundreds of dollars, which I spent buying the upgraded rather than the basic 15".