Best Way to Buy iPhone 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tapiture, May 22, 2017.

1. Tapiture macrumors 6502

Hi, I'd like to buy an iPhone 7 at the beginning of next month and I'm wondering what the best way to buy it is. I have a Verizon data plan to activate it on but I'm a bit aprehensive about getting it from Verizon because they never have good deals. What is the most cost effective way/place to buy an iPhone?

2. DevinNj macrumors regular

Look around online and see who has the best deal. I did Verizon payment plan just to be able to upgrade to a new iPhone each year. The deal I got from them at the time was an iPhone 7 plus for $20/mo. Couldn't pass that up. Got one for my wife too. Do a little research, it's a good time to find a deal.

3. chscag macrumors 68000

I purchased the sim free version direct from Apple and at the same time traded in my 6+. I guess a lot depends on your finances so you may be better off getting it from Verizon on a month to month pay plan.

4. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

If you're looking to save some money and don't mind purchasing a used iPhone 7, Swappa is a good resource for used phones in general.

However, if you're looking to buy brand new, I would suggest going to your local Apple Store and purchase directly from them.

5. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Verizon was advertising a promotion for a trade in on an older device for a bill credit. You could check with your Verizon and see if that's still applicable. Which would ultimately reduce the cost of the iPhone 7.

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Do you have a device to sell or trade in?

7. Tapiture thread starter macrumors 6502

I have a 5S that I'm currently using because my 7 was stolen, but I don't think that would be worth much.

8. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

Buy it unlocked at Apple store

9. Tapiture thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow how'd you get that? I'm looking and the regular 7s are 27 dollars a month.

10. DevinNj macrumors regular

The week before Christmas if you can believe it! I even called them 3 times to verify the deal was legit and I wasn't being an idiot and reading it wrong. Full price the first 2-3 mos, after 2 billing cycles it went to $20/mo. I picked up 2, 7 plus phones. Both matte black, 128g.

11. Tapiture thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow! You lucky SOB :p

12. DevinNj macrumors regular

Without a doubt!!!!

13. Appurushido macrumors regular

If your 5S suffices for now, why not wait a few more months and get a 7S or 8 when they come out? They are almost going to be the same price you pay for the 7 now, give or take, and you won't have buyers remorse.

If I were you I would just hold off. It's way too close for me to consider ever doing that.

14. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

There will be more incentives and special deals then as well.

15. eswank macrumors 6502

Starting on May 21, you can get a $100 Target gift card if you go in store and activate a new phone on either Verizon or Sprint. I was going to do it today but AT&T isn't eligible for this promotion. Good luck!

16. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I think this seems logical. Especially being June is upon us and that leaves approximately 3 1/2 months until the debut of the iPhone 8. Unless somebody really wanted the iPhone 7 for whatever reason, I would easily hold off and use whatever device I can, until knowing what the iPhone 8 would offer. (Assuming the OP is interested in waiting for the iPhone 8.)

17. Tapiture thread starter macrumors 6502

I know that those new phones are coming out but I really can't wait. My 5S is in terrible condition and I can't imagine using it for 4 months.

18. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Perhaps buy an SE and then sell it if the new models are compelling enough in the autumn?

19. Brandonjr36 macrumors 6502a

Op why not wait til the iPhone 8 comes out? Only have about 4 months left.