Best Way to Buy iPhone 7?

Tapiture

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2016
Hi, I'd like to buy an iPhone 7 at the beginning of next month and I'm wondering what the best way to buy it is. I have a Verizon data plan to activate it on but I'm a bit aprehensive about getting it from Verizon because they never have good deals. What is the most cost effective way/place to buy an iPhone?

DevinNj

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
Look around online and see who has the best deal. I did Verizon payment plan just to be able to upgrade to a new iPhone each year. The deal I got from them at the time was an iPhone 7 plus for $20/mo. Couldn't pass that up. Got one for my wife too. Do a little research, it's a good time to find a deal.

chscag

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I purchased the sim free version direct from Apple and at the same time traded in my 6+. I guess a lot depends on your finances so you may be better off getting it from Verizon on a month to month pay plan.

nburwell

macrumors 601
May 6, 2008
DE
If you're looking to save some money and don't mind purchasing a used iPhone 7, Swappa is a good resource for used phones in general.

However, if you're looking to buy brand new, I would suggest going to your local Apple Store and purchase directly from them.

Reactions: QueenTyrone

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Hi, I'd like to buy an iPhone 7 at the beginning of next month and I'm wondering what the best way to buy it is. I have a Verizon data plan to activate it on but I'm a bit aprehensive about getting it from Verizon because they never have good deals. What is the most cost effective way/place to buy an iPhone?
Verizon was advertising a promotion for a trade in on an older device for a bill credit. You could check with your Verizon and see if that's still applicable. Which would ultimately reduce the cost of the iPhone 7.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Do you have a device to sell or trade in?

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68020
Feb 15, 2015
Canada
Buy it unlocked at Apple store

Tapiture

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2016
Look around online and see who has the best deal. I did Verizon payment plan just to be able to upgrade to a new iPhone each year. The deal I got from them at the time was an iPhone 7 plus for $20/mo. Couldn't pass that up. Got one for my wife too. Do a little research, it's a good time to find a deal.
Wow how'd you get that? I'm looking and the regular 7s are 27 dollars a month.

DevinNj

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
Wow how'd you get that? I'm looking and the regular 7s are 27 dollars a month.
The week before Christmas if you can believe it! I even called them 3 times to verify the deal was legit and I wasn't being an idiot and reading it wrong. Full price the first 2-3 mos, after 2 billing cycles it went to $20/mo. I picked up 2, 7 plus phones. Both matte black, 128g.

Tapiture

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2016
The week before Christmas if you can believe it! I even called them 3 times to verify the deal was legit and I wasn't being an idiot and reading it wrong. Full price the first 2-3 mos, after 2 billing cycles it went to $20/mo. I picked up 2, 7 plus phones. Both matte black, 128g.
Wow! You lucky SOB :p

Appurushido

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
If your 5S suffices for now, why not wait a few more months and get a 7S or 8 when they come out? They are almost going to be the same price you pay for the 7 now, give or take, and you won't have buyers remorse.

If I were you I would just hold off. It's way too close for me to consider ever doing that.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
If your 5S suffices for now, why not wait a few more months and get a 7S or 8 when they come out? They are almost going to be the same price you pay for the 7 now, give or take, and you won't have buyers remorse.

If I were you I would just hold off. It's way too close for me to consider ever doing that.
There will be more incentives and special deals then as well.

eswank

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2006
NorCal
Starting on May 21, you can get a $100 Target gift card if you go in store and activate a new phone on either Verizon or Sprint. I was going to do it today but AT&T isn't eligible for this promotion. Good luck!

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016

I think this seems logical. Especially being June is upon us and that leaves approximately 3 1/2 months until the debut of the iPhone 8. Unless somebody really wanted the iPhone 7 for whatever reason, I would easily hold off and use whatever device I can, until knowing what the iPhone 8 would offer. (Assuming the OP is interested in waiting for the iPhone 8.)

Tapiture

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2016

I know that those new phones are coming out but I really can't wait. My 5S is in terrible condition and I can't imagine using it for 4 months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.