Best way to call directly with google voice from iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by -tWv-, Jan 11, 2012.

1. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Not sure how many of you out there have google voice, but I use it all the time to make calls from my computer for free. I also use it on my phone a lot when I don't have service or when I am out of the country with wifi to call home.

For a while now, I have been using the app Talkatone in order to make direct calls with Google Voice from my iPhone. I don't want to use the call forwarding thing because this completely defeats the purpose if I don't have phone service in order to place the initial call. Talkatone is ok, but it often drops calls, crashes, or just doesn't work at all and it has become quite frustrating.

Does anyone know any other app (free or paid) that can do direct calling over wifi with google voice on the iPhone? I am looking for an alternative to talkatone but have been unsuccessful so far. If this is the only app that offers the same functionality then I guess I am out of luck.. just hoping for someone to know of another alternative.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks

2. -tWv- thread starter macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Can't use Skype to call phones unless you pay for it. Google Voice is already free and works very well, just looking for an app that lets you call with it directly on the iPhone without using a forwarding call placed by the phone.

3. Mrfatboy macrumors 6502

If you jailbreak the iphone you can you GV extension. Works with the native phone app.