iPod touch Best way to charge ipod touch 5g?

Cjshino

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2012
I have an old ipod touch 2nd generation wall charger and i also have an ipad2 wall charger. Which one is better to use?

jedisaga

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2008
Havertown, PA
I have an old ipod touch 2nd generation wall charger and i also have an ipad2 wall charger. Which one is better to use?
If you're referring to the plug only, it really doesn't matter which one you use. I have one from my Droid Bionic and it works perfectly with the new lightning cable.

J

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area, California
If you're referring to the plug only, it really doesn't matter which one you use. I have one from my Droid Bionic and it works perfectly with the new lightning cable.

J
I think the OP is asking if the iPad 2 10W charger is safe to use to charge the iPT5. All I know is that I've been using my iPad 2 charger to charge my iPhone 4S for a year and had no issues.

smallaw

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2012
It is absolutely fine to charge iPods and iPhones with the 10w charger. The iPod's chipset controls how much power it takes from the adapter; it won't take more than it can handle. The problem is the smaller iPhone and iPod specific charger not charging iPads.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.